Academic Advising for Winter 2021 and Spring 2021 Starts on October 12.

Academic Advising

You should meet with your adviser every semester. We can make sure you are on track for graduation if you meet with us. Schedule an appointment here with your assigned adviser. We’re here to help!

Fill out your degree requirements form.

Journalism Major
IMC Major

Book an appointment with your adviser below.

Book with Your Adviser

Stay on track to graduate!

Applying for Graduation

Transfer Credit

The UM School of Journalism and New Media requires students to receive prior approval to earn credit for all courses taken at another institution. Written permission must be granted by the dean’s office prior to enrolling in courses to be transferred. Unapproved transfer courses will not be accepted.

*UM transfer credit will not be granted for any courses taken at another institution while concurrently enrolled at UM.

Complete the form.

If the course you would like to transfer is not in the transfer equivalency database in myOleMiss, please provide a copy of the course description and/or syllabus. Please note: Mississippi community college courses are listed in the transfer equivalency database.

Transfer Request Form

Submit it.

Turn in this form to the Dean’s Office of the school in 114 Farley Hall. The mailing address is listed below for students who are not in Oxford.

114 Farley Hall
University of Mississippi
University, MS 38677

Be patient.

The form will be processed as quickly as possible from the time it is received in the Dean’s Office. Additional time for processing must be allowed if the form is turned in at the end of a semester or summer term.

Academic Calendar

Have any questions?

Email Us!